I approach Web site design and construction from the perspective of a product manager of Internet-based software and 30 years practical business experience.
- Good Web design is not so much a question of hot technology as of effective marketing and utility
- Far more important is content, navigation, layout, and accessibility
- The most useful sites are those in which technology is not the centerpiece but supports key business requirements
- Similarly, visual elements should be engaging but derive from the site's content and support your brand.
I build a Web site as I would a new product:
- Practical business needs drive requirements for content and design
- Required functionality drives technology employed
- Marketing basics guide the entire effort